1. What information do we collect about you?
In this section we outline the kinds of personal data we may collect when you become a milieu member, use our website and/or participate in surveys. This section also covers the kinds of non-personal data that we collect, across all milieu platforms.
Information you provide
- Information you provide when you register as a member of milieu’s survey panel. Information may include, but is not limited to, your name and email address;
- Demographic data such as your age, gender, and general economic and household information;
- Facebook data, only if you register for a milieu account via Facebook, and allow Facebook to share certain personal Facebook data with us;
- Information you provide when you redeem a reward. Information may include, but is not limited to, your name and email address, mobile number, postal address;
- All other relevant information, which may include your bank account details (if you win a prize draw or are entitled to receive an incentive from us out of our rewards programme);
- We may also validate the information provided by contacting you via your personal details during our verification checks process;
- Any personal data that you may you provide about yourself, including your name and contact details and the conversation history of our communications with you;
- Any comments you make on our website or social media pages
Information we collect when you use our products or services
Our website & app
- Information you submit online on our webpage. Information may include, but is not limited to, your name and email address;
- Your account login details, which may include but is not limited to, your email address and the password that you have chosen;
- Information relating to your opinions, attitudes, experiences and use of certain products or services;
- Details of your visits to any of our Platforms (and third-party services which link to our Platforms) and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things, browser data, device type, operating system and other analytics data)
Identity Verification Checks
We may, from time to time, conduct random verification checks to ensure that the identities of our panelists are genuine. During these identity verification checks, we may collect personal information about you, which will not be stored and will be immediately deleted after successful verification.
- Device information from your use of our Platforms, including, but not limited to, your email address, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile phone number and unique device ID. This data reflects our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not enable us to identify any individuals.
- A proof of identity (this may but is not limited, to be in the form of an Identity Card).
2. Why do we collect your Personal information?
To communicate with you
Your personal information allows us to keep you posted on milieu’s latest product announcements, software updates, upcoming events and the status of your rewards. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list you can opt out anytime by unsubscribing from our mailing list or contacting us.
To improve your experience
We use your personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, deal with any complaints, queries or technical problems you experience.
To ensure your safety
We use personal and non-personal information for account and network security purposes through our various verification check process. This is to verify users’ identity, in order to improve our services for the benefit of the rest of the milieu community, and to provide you with the best user experience possible!
For research purposes
We may also use your personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve milieu’s products, services, and customer communications.
3. How do we use your Non-Personal information?
milieu collects Non-Personal information from you in the form of survey responses, which is used to power our dashboard and used to conduct market research and allow organisations to understand consumers better.
Data collected from surveys and engagement polls are summarized as an aggregated statistical information. It will not be used in a manner enabling the personal identification of an individual. This means it will not be possible to personally identify an individual from their responses.
When working with milieu, our clients and partners need only access to pseudonymous data that does not allow the direct identification of users. We use the information gathered via surveys, to provide services to our clients (please see Section 5 “Who do we share your information with” for more information). We use the information collected to analyse the data for research purposes and to incorporate it into our databases for research and analysis purposes.
To build a better product
We may also use information for internal purposes such as quality control, system administration and to evaluate the use of our Platforms and their performances, so that we can provide you with enhanced services and a better experience
To provide our services
We also use the information to provide you with milieu’s research results which may include, but is not limited to our engagement questions and surveys for content marketing
We may use the information we have to show you relevant advertisements on and off our Platforms and measure the effectiveness and reach of such advertisements and services.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that allow a website to collect and store a range of data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
Types of cookies
Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences. This allows us to remember information about your visit, like your region and preferred text size so as to customize the Site accordingly.
We use security cookies for security controls and checks. It is used to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the Site and app to enable us to improve the way it works. We use Google Analytics to helps us understand how visitors engage and interact with our website. It collects information and reports website usage statistics by reflecting the overall patterns of usage without personally identifying individual visitors.
If for any reason you do not want us to track your use of our Platforms using cookies, you can opt out of this by using your browser settings and limiting or managing your cookie settings.
5. Who do we share your information with?
We share your information collected through survey responses with our clients to provide them with market research and data analytics services.
Mobile device type, operating system and version data may also be used by our partners, such as online marketers and advertisers, to deliver relevant and specific marketing messages or adverts, or for the delivery of content to online users.
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of milieu except in the following cases:
We may also share your personal information with other organisations who provide services to us that we request. This might include IT service providers who support our IT systems.
Other than as listed above, we will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information without your consent, subject to the following circumstances:
If we have to share your personal information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements (or we reasonably believe that we need to disclose your information for such purposes), or where it is necessary to prevent potential threats to the life, health and physical safety of any person.
6. How do we keep your information secure?
All your information is set up and stored on certified and secure servers that are owned or leased by milieu. Once we have received your information, we will take reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, manipulation or disclosure. The data is set up and stored in certified cloud.
We use encryption to secure your personal data whilst in transit using TLS and SSL and in storage using AES256 encryption (this is for protecting your login password).
We process your information in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and the ICC/ESOMAR International Code.
7. Your Rights
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data that we collect and how it’s used. This is designed to give you more choice and control over your personal data.
Accessing & updating your data
You have the right to request access to personal data at any time.
You also can update your personal data at any time. You may ask us to correct any inaccurate data (including demographic details) about you and to complete any incomplete data that we hold about you.
You should direct any request for your information to us at email@example.com. milieu will expeditiously respond to all reasonable requests for access to personal data, notification of purpose of use or disclosure of your information.
At any time, you may request for us stop sending all forms of communication across platforms. You may unsubscribe to all email marketing, turn off notifications or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
Our Platforms may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites ought to have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check those privacy notices before you submit your information to those websites.